Marketing to businesses has certain challenges that B2C marketers do not face, including attribution, ROI and influencers. Embracing digital marketing can be a way to raise the bar within your B2B space. Here's a look at some statistics from the industry:
- Lead generation ranks as the top objective for B2B companies’ digital marketing programs. When presented with a list of six objectives, 41 percent of B2B respondents chose lead generation as their top goal, 27 percent pointed to sales and revenue generation, and 17 percent to brand and product awareness.
- Fifty-four percent of B2B respondents said they have generated leads from social media.
- Ninety-seven percent of B2B marketing leaders say they are doing new types of work, that new skills for marketers will be desperately needed going forward, and that the pace of relentless change in their worlds is expected to pick up.
- Eighty-eight percent of B2B CMOs say their C-suite peers turn to them more often for data and insight needed to strategize and plan, and 78 percent agreed that marketing’s influence on corporate strategy is greater today than it was just two years ago.
- Twitter users who see tweets from B2B tech brands are more likely to visit the sites of these brands. A recent study found that Twitter users visit B2B tech brand sites at a higher rate (59 percent) compared to average Internet users (40 percent), illustrating the strong presence of a B2B audience on Twitter.
Read the source article on CMO to see all 15 stats.