Videos and webinars are emerging as the top form of content for reaching B2B professionals, according to a new industry report by BrightTALK.
The report analyzed the viewing patterns and preferences of 8 million professionals across IT, finance, HR, sales and marketing functions, and it aimed to uncover how and why B2B professionals engage with content.
Among the report’s key findings:
- More than 77 percent said they spend at least 2 hours per week engaging with content for professional growth.
- Webinars are the No. 1 preferred type of B2B content (91 percent), far outweighing industry articles (60 percent), whitepapers (48 percent) and blog posts (42 percent).
- More than 54 percent engage with online webinars and talks on a weekly or daily basis.
- An overwhelming 84 percent of surveyed professionals interact with B2B video content to stay up to date on what’s happening in their industries, and nearly half do so to solve specific organizational problems or issues.
In addition, when asked what they value most in content of any kind, respondents said:
- Tips, tricks and best practices – 70 percent
- Industry trends and predictions – 62 percent
- How-to / 101 explanations – 61 percent
- Expert interviews – 60 percent
- Solution case studies – 59 percent
- Data insights and original research – 55 percent
When adding video to your B2B marketing strategy, consider webinars as a top priority. And ensure you’re covering topics that run the full gamut of the buying cycle – creating content that’s informational and helpful about broader industry issues, all the way to helpful product demonstrations and a deep-dive into your offerings.
At Red House, we’re not surprised by the findings of these reports. The B2B market is hungry for high-quality and helpful content, which is reflected by the video and webinar work we create for our B2B clients.
Learn more at MarTechSeries.com.